Monday, January 4, 2010

The Price of Beauty

As I was getting ready this afternoon I realized that it would be good to do a post about makeup. I have a lot of my friends and strangers ask me what I use for foundation,bronzer, blush, etc. So, I decided to let you girls know what I use and maybe you'll fall in love with the products like I did.

First I start by washing my face and making sure I have moisturizer (I'll do a post on face washers and all that good stuff later on in the week). 


I apply a liquid foundation to my face first. The one I use is recession-friendly. It's Loreal's True Match. I think this foundation works well and it's such a bargain. You can find it at WalMart for about $6. I've been using it for a few years now and I don't think that you can beat the price. 

I then apply a powder foundation. I feel like using both gives the flawless type feel. (You should use a concealer as well, but I don't. It's on my shopping list) I use "Hellow Flawless!" by Benefit, which can be found at Sephora or Macy's. It costs between $32-$34. It's definitely worth it though!


I absolutely love NARS. I think their products are amazing. While shopping at Sephora, I ran into this palette and I fell in love with it. It has a bronzer and blush. I use the Orgasam/Laguna palette. I feel that it gives you a natural bronze (it's shimmery so keep that in mind) and the blush really highlights your cheek bones. You can purchase it at Sephora for $37, which is a m a z i n g price for the duo. 


I love this pencil eyeliner. It's Cover Girl's Perfect Blend and it's the only eyeliner that I find to be recession-friendly and very effective. You can find this product at WalMart as well for about $5-7. 


I use two types of eyeliner. The liquid eyeliner that I use is from Almay. I use the liquid for the top of my eyelids. I'll switch it up from time to time and use pencil on the top, but I prefer the liquid. I like the felt-tip because I feel that it makes it easier to create a straight line (although it took me years of practice). Again, this product can be found at WalMart for about $7. (Can you tell I'm a big WalMart fan? Hehe)



I constantly try different mascara. The last mascara that I use was Great Lash and I recently ran out and picked this one up to give it a try. It's Rimmel's Sexy Curve and I absolutely LOVE it. I was so surprised when I used it, because it actually extended and separated my lashes. No need for fake eyelashes when you use this product! I think I purchased it for about $6-8 at WalMart




As for eyeshadows, I have all different brands. My favorite brand is MAC, but that can get a little pricey for me. They run for $13 a shade. I used to try all different shades of pink, green, blue, black, gray, etc. Right now I'm using earth tone shades because I prefer more of that natural look and I've also matured ;)


 I encourage you girls to fool around with makeup. It's something that is fun and you should experiment with it until you find something that really suits you. I try to keep it neutral during the day and if I go out at night I usually do the smokey look. These products work for me, but they might not for you so don't be scared to try different products. I hope you enjoyed the post! What are your makeup suggestions?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loveee sephora's fiberwig mascara! it's expensive though, from $24-30. it adds little pieces of fake eyelashes [i think] to your own to extend them and thicken them... it's great :)

Anny Jules said...

i love this! so many people (men and women alike) knock girls who wear makeup and I, who am one of those girls say why not? wearing make up is fun! love it! I still really need to get the smokey eyes down pat im terrible at it! I need tips from you. And thats interesting u use liquid and powder foundation...im gonna try that. see how it works. most of my stuff is from clinique but im def open to your tips!

Anny Jules said...

oo and question...do u find that using both foundations makes your skin look blotchy or no? ttyl!

Tiffany Diana said...

Adwoa: Really? I HAVE to try that and let you know...it sounds amazing lol but first I must get paid haha

Anny: Yea, I love makeup. I think it's great...i feel like its just an extension of art on yourself :) I don't like when people wear massive amounts that give that "stripper look" but makeup isn't a bad thing. I'm going to work on doing a video with Eric and smokey eyes will def be one of them. I don't think that using both makes your skin blotchy nor cakey, as long as both foundations are lightweight. You kind of have to play around with different brands until you find ones that go well together. Sephora is very helpful with finding these products. I'm glad you enjoyed :)